The Best Oscillating Spindle Sander Reviews – Updated for 2019
Oscillating Spindle Sander Reviews – Detailed Woodworking
Just like how you’d want the best sandpaper for plaster if you’re sanding plaster, sometimes using an orbital sander isn’t always the best solution – there’s a difference between “getting the job done and breaking your back using the wrong tools. Using an orbital sander for hours at a time can easily lead to cramps in your hand, so if you’re sanding some detailed curves on wood then you may want to check out our oscillating spindle sander reviews.
What to expect from this guide:
Special Deal: $50 Off 20V MAX XR® Brushless 3-Tool Woodworking Kit
- What features or benefits to watch for
- Common questions about spindle sanders
- Pros and cons of each sander
- 3.0-amp motor of the orbital sander spins the...
- Separate counterweight design of the hand...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE ORBIT SANDER - 2.0 Amp...
- HIGH EFFICIENCY - Delivers 12000 OPM (orbits...
- Smooth Finish: Pad dampening system designed...
- Easy Disc attachment: Through Bosch's...
What is an Oscillating Spindle Sander
Anyone that has an interest in woodworking already knows that the random orbit sander is king, but there are also other sanders that can handle some of its jobs a bit easier like the oscillating spindle sander. Sanding flat surfaces is great for an orbital sander, but when it comes to working with curves then maybe it’s time to change up your tool.
An oscillating spindle sander is a tabletop machine that has a sanding drum sticking up through the top. That drum is wrapped with your favorite sandpaper, and the drum spins around and moves up and down (oscillates). The movement up and down is to help it cover the surface area without making the drum itself larger, and ensures that you don’t end up with the same scratch pattern along the surface of the wood.
Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sander Reviews – 2019 Updated
Best Rated – WEN Oscillating Spindle Sander
The WEN 6510 is very popular due to its compact size, lightweight, and very low sound levels. Now, of course, it’s still a sander overall but because it’s a small, benchtop sander it’s actually much quieter than you’d expect from any woodworking tool. If you are working with wood that has curves, arcs, contours, or any other strange shapes then this is a top choice.
This WEN sander is also up to date with all the fixings that new sanders come equipped with, like extra drums of various sizes and compartments to hold accessories. The standard size dust port allows for quick and easy clean-up and the unit only weighs 35 pounds so you can easily move it any time.
- FAST MATERIAL REMOVAL – At 12,000 opm...
- COMPACT, EASY-TO-MANEUVER DESIGN – Compact...
- Orbital sander with brushless motor provides...
- Variable-speed control of the hand sander...
- Milwaukee Electric Tools 2648-20 M18 Random...
- This product meets customer requirement
- Easy storage for accessories
- Simple dust extractor port
- Quiet and lightweight
- 2-year warranty
- Small motor for smaller jobs
- The plastic case used to lower weight
- Entry-level sander
Top Pick – JET Oscillating Spindle Sander
If you are looking for a more durable and long-lasting benchtop oscillating sander then look no further. This sander comes with a generously sized, cast-iron tabletop that is sure to last you years to come. The tabletop also tilts up to 45 degrees with the drum oscillating 1 inch so you can have a wider range of use cases. This sander comes with some extra drums in the storage spots and can accommodate up to a 3″ drum. The JET also has a dust port but this one is 2 inches since this sander is a bit beefier than usual.
- Super sturdy metal platform
- Quiet for how powerful it is
- Comes complete with multiple spindle sizes
- Tilting table comes in handy
- One of the more expensive sanders
- Fits a 3 spindle but it’s not included
- Only allows front and back adjustment, not side to side
Best Value – Ridgid Sander, Oscillating/Edge Belt
This multi-function Ridgid sander is our pick for best value because it’s designed for craftsmen that want to get the most bang for the buck. This sander works for straight and beveled edge sanding of straight or curved pieces, all depending on how it’s set up. Although it’s not made of metal, the table still tilts over 45 degrees.
- MEETS ALL YOUR NEEDS - Including 10pcs of...
- HOOK & LOOP - Easy installation and removal,...
- ✅ 150-Piece multi-grit sandpapaer set - Our...
- ✅ High quality construction - Our sanding...
On top of all that, it also comes with a 4×24 belt sander. Considering the two very useful functions, this sander is actually much cheaper than expected.
- Spindle and belt sanding capable
- Comes with 5 different spindles
- Table tilt over 45-degrees
- Low price considering 2 functions
- Not made of metal
- No storage for accessories
- Not made in America
Tags: best power sanders, best sanders, oscillating sander, oscillating spindle sander, power sander reviews, power sanders, power sanding, spindle sander, The Best Oscillating Spindle Sander Reviews